If you love to eat delicious breakfasts to get your day started right, then you won’t want to miss this easy spring camping recipe! All you need is a Dutch oven and a few ingredients to make this perfect start to your mornings. Load up your Shasta 18BH travel trailer from Legacy RV Center and head out to the campground with your crew!
Recipe adapted from a recipe on HollyShores.com
- 6 oz. bacon
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 sweet onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Build a strong fire in your camp’s fire ring and let it burn down enough that there are plenty of coals to place on the lid of the Dutch oven later (pictured above).
- Dice the bacon, potatoes, and onion. Mince the garlic cloves.
- Set aside the potatoes, onion, and garlic cloves.
- Fry the bacon over medium-high heat in the Dutch oven until crispy.
- Remove from the oven and place on a paper towel to drain excess grease.
- Save 3-4 tbsp of bacon grease and discard the rest.
- Fry the potatoes and onions in the bacon grease, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and place 10-15 coals on the lid for even cooking.
- Cook until tender, approximately 20 minutes, check and stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Remove the lid once the potatoes are cooked and move them to the edges of the oven. Crack the eggs individually into the open space in the oven and season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to scramble the eggs.
- Return the bacon to the oven and stir to combine. Top with cheese and allow it to melt.
- Serve warm with a side of biscuits or by itself as a filling breakfast that everyone will love.
Get a great start to your days at the campground with this easy camping recipe! Contact us today to find the perfect RV for your family at a great price.