If you have been searching for an easy and nutritious meal to prepare for your family around the campfire on your next camping trip, look at this recipe for foil packet shrimp scampi. It is an easy meal that will provide everyone with a delicious and nutritious meal.
Recipe adapted from one on FoodNetwork.com
- 2 pounds of large frozen shrimp.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Pasta or rice for serving
- Thaw the shrimp, then peel, deveined, and remove the tails.
- Prepare a grill by preheating to high heat.
- Layer two 18-inch-long pieces of foil on top of each other.
- Place the shrimp, butter, wine, garlic and lemon zest and juice in the middle of the foil.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the red pepper flakes, 3/4 teaspoon salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bring the long sides of the foil together in the middle and fold them over each other and fold each of the short sides up to seal the packets.
- Place the packets on the grill and cook them until the shrimp are cooked through and the sauce is bubbling, or for about 9 minutes.
- Mix in the parsley and serve over pasta, or rice.
Contact us to find the right RV for you and your family before you take your next outdoor adventure!