Start planning your fall camping recipes for your autumn adventures at the campground! This delicious dessert is a healthy alternative to s’mores, and it is a great way to enjoy the flavors of apple pie around the campfire! Get this fall camping recipe below. The original recipe came from FamilySpice.com, but we found it on SunRVResorts.com.
Recipe from FamilySpice.com
- 4 large apples — we recommend Granny Smith or Gala
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp. raisins
- 2 tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- Core the apples and brush the inside with lemon juice to slow the browning.
- Cut 10″ squares of foil for each apple and place the apples in the center.
- In a small bowl, combine cranberries, raisins, walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Fill the apples with the mixture of nuts and fruits.
- Quarter the tsp. of butter and place a square on each of the apples in the center of the filling.
- Wrap tightly in the foil and set near the coal of your fire — do not place over open flames. Cook for 20-45 minutes, turning occasionally, until apples reach desired level of tenderness.
- Use tongs to remove them from the fire.
- Serve with a dollop of ice cream!
We hope you love this delicious recipe for your fall camping trips! Contact us today to find the perfect RV for your adventures.