Sometimes, you just don’t have time to plan out a filling and healthy meal for your family at the campground. Instead of roasting hot dogs, here’s a quick and simple way to give your crew a delicious dinner to keep them fueled for your adventures. As a full-time RVer, mother, and wife, I’m constantly looking for filling recipes that will keep my boys full without taking too much time out of my day. This easy camping recipe is a recent addition to my go-to meals that is perfect for a cold-weather camping trip.
As a mother and full-time RVer, I cannot stress enough the time and hassle that I have saved by investing in an Instant Pot. It takes up quite a bit of space in our little home, but it’s well worth it for the time it saves me both in cooking and clean up. In this recipe, we’ll use the Instant Pot to cut the cook-time in half and make it easier to clean up.
- Beef tips or stew meat – You can let this freeze to make it easy to store and travel.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 aus jus gravy packet
- 1/2 ranch seasoning packet
- 1 medium onion
- 3 large carrots
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1/4 lb fresh green beans
- Salt & pepper
- Wash all produce and pat dry.
- Roughly chop the onion, potatoes, and carrots.
- Remove the ends of the green beans and cut in half.
- Add a drizzle of oil to the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Toss in the frozen beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Add vegetables, aus jus mix, and ranch seasoning, stir until veggies and beef are evenly coated.
- Chop the butter into chunks and add to the pot.
- Add the lid and set the vent to seal.
- Pressure cook on high for 25 minutes and allow to naturally depressurize for an additional 10*.
- Serve hot!
Tip: We usually serve this with a side of rice, which can also be made in the Instant Pot, or French bread for dipping in the sauce.
*Whenever you are using the Instant Pot, try to position it to release into your range vent to cut down on the moisture in your RV. We’ve also found that the natural release lets less moisture out than the quick release.
I hope this recipe helps you and your family enjoy a hearty, delicious meal on your next camping trip. If you’re looking for a new RV for sale, check out the incredible deals offered at Legacy RV Center. Contact us for more information.