If you are looking for a way to enjoy something a little more upscale for your dinner at the campground, check out these one-pan chicken piccata recipe! This camping recipe is easy to dress up by adding a side of steamed veggies and rice or served with a baguette. Get the full recipe below.
Recipe found on DamnDelicious.com and adapted for this blog.
- 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 5 1/2 tbps all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 tbps canola oil
- 1 tbps unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c. chicken stock
- 1/4 c. dry white wine
- 3 tbps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbps heavy cream
- 2 tbps chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 c. capers, drained
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Pat dry the chicken with a paper towel and season all over with salt and pepper.
- Coat evenly with flour
- Heat a drizzle of oil and the butter in your pan and add the chicken to the skillet. You’ll want to work in batches to ensure the chicken cooks evenly, so only add enough to cover the skillet evenly.
- Cook until the chicken reaches and internal temperature of 165. Remove from the pan to rest and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Whisk in remaining flour and brown lightly, stirring constantly. approx. 1 minute
- Slowly whisk in chicken stock, white wine vinegar, and lemon juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer.
- Stir occasionally until the sauce is thickened and add in heavy cream, parsley, and capers. Season with salt and pepper to taste and return chicken to the skillet to coat in the sauce.
- Serve hot with a side of white rice or steamed veggies.
Contact us today to find the best RV for your 2022 adventures.